Question Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD) is a standard criterion for [UPSC Prelims 2017](a) Measuring oxygen levels in blood
(b) Computing oxygen levels in forest ecosystems
(c) Pollution assay in aquatic ecosystems
(d) Assessing oxygen levels in high altitude regions
Answer: Computing oxygen levels in forest ecosystemsExplanation: Biochemical oxygen demand is a measure of the quantity of oxygen used by microorganisms (e.g., aerobic bacteria) in the oxidation of organic matter. Natural sources of organic matter include plant decay and leaf fall.
Other Questions asked in this exam were:
- Which one of the following was a very important seaport in the Kakatiya kingdom?
- With reference to ‘Global Climate Change Alliance’, which of the following statements is/are correct?
- Mediterranean Sea is a border of which of the following countries?
- For election to the Lok Sabha, a nomination paper can be filed by
- Indian history, the principle of Dyarchy (diarchy)
- National Career Service
- purpose of Vidyanjali Yojana
- proposal to translocate some of the lions from their natural habitat in Gujarat
- travel by road from Kohima to Kottayam