Question With reference to ‘Global Climate Change Alliance’, which of the following statements is/are correct?[Prelims 2017]
1. It is an initiative of the European Union.
2. It provides technical and financial support to targeted developing countries to integrate climate change into their development policies and budgets.
3. It is coordinated by World Resources Institute (WRI) and World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD).
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 3 only
(c) 2 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
Answer: 1 and 2 onlyExplanation: The GCCA was established by the European Union (EU) in 2007 to strengthen dialogue and cooperation with developing countries, in particular least developed countries (LDCs) and small island developing States (SIDS)
Other Questions asked in this exam were:
- Which one of the following was a very important seaport in the Kakatiya kingdom?
- Mediterranean Sea is a border of which of the following countries?
- Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD) is a standard criterion for
- For election to the Lok Sabha, a nomination paper can be filed by
- Indian history, the principle of Dyarchy (diarchy)
- National Career Service
- purpose of Vidyanjali Yojana
- proposal to translocate some of the lions from their natural habitat in Gujarat
- travel by road from Kohima to Kottayam